According to Nevada Department of Public Service, UCR reports for 2013 and 2014, 60% of elder abuse incident victims were female in Washoe County,which rose slightly in 2015; 25% of 2013 victims were age 86 or over, which dropped to 21% in 2014. Elder Abuse Daily estimates one case of elder (60-years or older) abuse occurs every 5-seconds in the US.
- There can be multiple allegations within one investigation
- Totals in the various categories may not match due to variations of number of offenders for each victim, possible multiple victims for each offense, and the possibility that one victim could have sustained multiple types of abuse
- 2010 for Nevada cases closed, reports taken by law enforcement and the Aging and Disability Services Division (ADSD)
- 2016-2017 data unverified (incidents not reported here)
- 2018 data reported from ADSD & may not include law enforcement; comparisons should not be made to prior years