Design Arts Grants support community-based projects that focus on Design issues through planning, but suspended FY2011 due to budget cuts. Project Grants support the arts activities of non-arts community organizations and public institutions. Development Grants support new, emerging and smaller-budget arts organizations in rural and urban Nevada.
Partners in Excellence Grants (PIE) support established arts and cultural organizations throughout the state. PIE I grantees fare small to medium organizations, while larger grantees in the PIE II category apply for two-year funding every even year.
- FY2017 statewide totals only include arts learning, project, PIE, plus some fellowship grants
- Not all grant awardees/awards reported beginning FY2017
- Category data may not be comparable across years due to reporting changes and suspended/merged awards beginning 2010 to accommodate budget cuts
- Northern Nevada = Washoe County, Carson City, Douglas County, Virginia City, Fallon and Fernley
- 2010 statewide figures include a one-time $250,500 Federal ARRA/Stimulus Grant, plus costs of the grants program review process
- Development Grants support new, emerging and smaller-budget arts organizations in rural and urban Nevada; merged FY2013 (now part of PIE: Tier I, Level 1)
- Arts Learning-related grants include integrated arts education programing through Arts Learning Component funds to PIE receipients