Join us for one of our signature community events such as our Community Conversation Speaker Series, lunchtime roundtable networking events, or even our Nevada Tomorrow Community Education and Training events. We promise you will feel informed and educated!
- Wed, Aug 31Speaker Series Online
- Time is TBDSpeaker Series - Online
- Time is TBDSpeaker Series - Online
- Wed, Jul 13UNR Innevation CenterJul 13, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM PDTUNR Innevation Center, 450 Sinclair St, Reno, NV 89501, USABe one of the first to view the 2022 Community Progress Report: Data for a Brighter Future – the first report of its kind in more than 15 years highlighting the role of data for improved quality of life in Washoe County! Learn how we are doing in areas like Health, Housing, Education & more.
- Wed, Jun 29Speaker Series OnlineJun 29, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM PDTSpeaker Series OnlineIsolation for seniors is a major challenge in the Truckee Meadows. Join us as we learn more about a national program, the BUILD Health Challenge, and how local organizations have participated to keeping this important demographic included in our community.
- Wed, Apr 27Speaker Series - Online
- Thu, Sep 23Speaker Series - Online
- Tue, Aug 31Speaker Series - Online
- Wed, Jul 28Speaker Series - Online
- Wed, Jun 30Speaker Series - OnlineJun 30, 2021, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMSpeaker Series - OnlineSafe, affordable and sustainable housing is an essential component of healthy communities, and the effects of housing insecurity are widespread and significant. Reno is struggling - like so many other communities across the country - to find solutions to the poverty, housing, and homeless epidemic.
- Wed, May 26Speaker Series - Online
- Wed, Apr 28Speaker Series - OnlineApr 28, 2021, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMSpeaker Series - OnlineDuring the pandemic more and more teens have turned to substances to help them cope with anxiety and depression. In Nevada, even before COVID-19 there was a more than 45% increase in teens reporting they have used e-cigarettes (or vape) from 2017 to 2019. Learn how we can help our teens.
- Wed, Mar 31Speaker Series - Online
- Wed, Nov 25Speaker Series - OnlineNov 25, 2020, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMSpeaker Series - OnlineWhat is community wellbeing? What matters most to you when you think about the quality of your life and the lives of your neighbors? We will discuss the concept of quality of life in our Truckee Meadows and ask the questions that help us guide our future together.
- Thu, Nov 19Speaker Series - OnlineNov 19, 2020, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMSpeaker Series - OnlineLearn about how our local agencies envision and shape the future of the Truckee Meadows, through regional planning, long range forecasting, and more. Public input is all part of the process so now is the time to get educated and participate building the Nevada of the future!
- Wed, Oct 28Speaker Series - OnlineOct 28, 2020, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMSpeaker Series - OnlineDid you know that children and teenagers have far less access to mental health and substance abuse services in Nevada than in most other states? And that Mental Health America ranked Nevada 51st among states in seven categories of youths at risk?
- Nomadland: Resiliency on the Road A Conversation with Author Jessica Bruder and Economist Todd SorensonThu, Oct 08Online EventOct 08, 2020, 12:00 PMOnline EventJoin Nevada Humanities and TMT in this engaging discussion about work of immersive journalism that describes the lives of nomadic workers who travel from one temporary job to another to make ends meet, representing an increasing population of migrant workers living just this side of homelessness.