Join us for one of our signature community events such at our Community Conversation Speaker Series, lunchtime roundtable networking events, or even our Nevada Tomorrow Community Education and Training events. We promise you will feel informed and educated!
- Envision Nevada's FutureWed, Nov 25Speaker Series - OnlineNov 25, 2020, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMSpeaker Series - OnlineWhat is community wellbeing? What matters most to you when you think about the quality of your life and the lives of your neighbors? We will discuss the concept of quality of life in our Truckee Meadows and ask the questions that help us guide our future together.
- Building the Nevada of TomorrowThu, Nov 19Speaker Series - OnlineNov 19, 2020, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMSpeaker Series - OnlineLearn about how our local agencies envision and shape the future of the Truckee Meadows, through regional planning, long range forecasting, and more. Public input is all part of the process so now is the time to get educated and participate building the Nevada of the future!
- The Kids are NOT Alright!Wed, Oct 28Speaker Series - OnlineOct 28, 2020, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMSpeaker Series - OnlineDid you know that children and teenagers have far less access to mental health and substance abuse services in Nevada than in most other states? And that Mental Health America ranked Nevada 51st among states in seven categories of youths at risk?
- Nomadland: Resiliency on the Road A Conversation with Author Jessica Bruder and Economist Todd SorensonThu, Oct 08Online EventOct 08, 2020, 12:00 PMOnline EventJoin Nevada Humanities and TMT in this engaging discussion about work of immersive journalism that describes the lives of nomadic workers who travel from one temporary job to another to make ends meet, representing an increasing population of migrant workers living just this side of homelessness.
- Poverty, Housing & Humanity in Northern NevadaWed, Jun 24Speaker Series - OnlineJun 24, 2020, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMSpeaker Series - OnlineTHIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED. Safe and affordable housing is an essential component of healthy communities, and the effects of housing problems are widespread. Reno is struggling - like so many other communities across the country - to find solutions to the poverty, housing, and homeless epidemic.
- Are We Loving Our Nevadan Nature to Death?Wed, May 27Online Speaker SeriesMay 27, 2020, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMOnline Speaker SeriesThe secret is out...the Truckee Meadows is an amazing place to live, work and play! But are we loving the Truckee Meadows to death? With the growth in our population, are our environmental riches been put at risk? How do we both protect and enjoy our one Nevada?
- Kids & Crisis: Ensuring Education & Care in Unprecedented TimesThu, Apr 30Speaker Series - Online
- Our Economic Recovery in a Pos-Pandemic WorldWed, Apr 01Speaker Series - OnlineApr 01, 2020, 7:00 PMSpeaker Series - OnlinePrior to COVID-19 northern Nevada was booming. However, times have changed dramatically. Learn about how we can jumpstart our northern Nevada economic engine in a post-pandemic world. Local experts discuss our greatest economic obstacles and opportunities during these unprecedented times
- Improving Our Access to HealthcareWed, Feb 26McKinley Arts & Culture CenterFeb 26, 2020, 5:00 PM – 9:00 PMMcKinley Arts & Culture Center, 925 Riverside Dr, Reno, NV 89503, USAHealthy people make for healthy communities. What are the biggest barriers to health, and quality healthcare here in Northern Nevada? Learn about innovative approaches happening here in our community and see what else is being done to make sure ALL Nevadans can lead healthy, happy lives.